Barista Job Announcement
Position Title: Lead Barista
What is Sol Coffee: In short, Sol Coffee is an award winning mobile solar-powered coffee service that has gained national attention since moving from concept to operation in 2017.
● Assist Sol Coffee to reach its full potential and expand regionally and nationally.
● Build relationships with business owners and help establish our niche in the
community and marketplace.
● Monitor and update social media daily.
● Operate daily functions of the coffee bar.
● Available to work early morning shifts on a daily basis, including weekends.
● Ability to train staff on proper procedures and skills required to effectively execute
daily operational functions of the business.
● Ability to anticipate and respond to customer and staff needs.
● Administrative tasks - management and scheduling of staff, planning and booking
events, manage email and social media, and respond to inquiries.
Unique Person We Are Looking For:
● Inclination to learn or possess experience with the function of solar powered
equipment, which is pertinent for understanding our mission.
● Drive to att ain Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) B arista Certification.
● Ability to work well with others in a professional work environment.
● Passionate about working with culturally diverse people.
● Energetic, fast-paced, flexible work style.
● Enjoy a cooperative work environment.
● Strong problem-solving and ability to multi-task.
● Possess or ability to acquire Barista Certification within two years.
● Three years barista experience in a high volume coffee shop.
● Familiar with Astoria semi automatic espresso machine and other common coffee equipment.
● Experience with point-of-sale systems.
● Customer service and hospitality experience is a must in the following industries -
restaurant, hotel management, bartending, or similar field of service.
● Resident of Colorado for a minimum of two years; allowing time for the
development and understanding of Coloradan culture.
● Possess a valid Colorado driver's license.
● Experience with food preparation and handling
● Ability to acquire the Certified Food Protection Manager training from Boulder
County Food Safety Program with six months of hire.
● Inclination and experienced driving a manual transmission vehicle, a.ka. “stick
What’s In It For You?
This is a unique opportunity to help propel a unique spin on a growing industry that is already in the national spotlight. As a new start-up, Sol Coffee can offer:
● An employee owned percentage of the company.
● Build an exclusive partnership with Sol Coffee.
● Opportunity to gain direct involvement in a social, environmental, and industry
movement toward positive change for communities and the Nation.
● Career advancement opportunities - SCA B arista Certification, attend coffee and
hospitality industry workshops, national conventions, and show your skills at
● Participate in the think tank for the regional franchising of Sol Coffee.
The functions and skills described here are general in nature and represent the type of work performed, but they do not constitute an exhaustive list of the duties and
responsibilities performed on the job.
How to Apply: Email hi@solcoffee